Chocolate that’s healthy? It is possible with this recipe from Chef Rebecca Wauldron of Busch’s Fresh Food Markets.
This veggied-up take on chocolate muffins from Chef Rebecca Wauldron of Busch’s Fresh Food Markets is the perfect way to use up extra zucchini from your garden this summer.
Watch Chef Rebecca and her Camp Little Victors assistant, Lauren, whip up a batch in the video above, then check out the recipe below.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 over ripe banana, mashed
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, egg, banana, zucchini, vanilla, and yogurt.
- In another large bowl combine flour, wheat flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray one 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and line with muffin papers if desired. Fill the muffin cups to almost full.
- Bake cupcakes for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick tester comes out clean.
- Place muffin tins on wire racks for 5 minutes. Then place muffins directly on rack to cool completely.
Follow Knowridge Science Report on Facebook.
News source: Michigan Health. The content is edited for length and style purposes.
Figure legend: This Knowridge.com image is for illustrative purposes only.